calculation[kal′kyo̵̅o̅ lā′s̸hən, -kyə-]
calculation definition by Webster's New World
- the act or process of calculating
- something deduced by calculating; estimate; plan
- careful planning or forethought, esp. with selfish motives
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- calculative adjective
calculation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act, process, or result of calculating.b. An estimate based on probabilities.
- Careful, often cunning estimation and planning of likely outcomes, especially to advance one's own interests.
- calˈcu·laˌtive adjective