- shrewd or cunning, esp. in a selfish way; scheming
- performing calculations
- Capable of performing calculations: a calculating machine.
- a. Shrewd; crafty: the calculating defense of an experienced attorney.b. Coldly scheming or conniving.
(comparative more calculating, superlative most calculating)
- (especially of a robot) Which has the ability to calculate.
- (especially of a person) Which serves one's own interests in an unemotional, analytical manner.
- Present participle of calculate.