artless definition by Webster's New World
- lacking skill or art
- uncultured; ignorant
- not artistic; clumsy; crude
- without artificiality; simple; natural
- without guile or deceit; ingenuous; innocent
artless definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having or displaying no guile, cunning, or deceit. See Synonyms at naive.
- Free of artificiality; natural: artless charm.
- Lacking art, knowledge, or skill; uncultured and ignorant.
- Poorly made or done; crude.
- artˈless·ly adverb
- artˈless·ness noun