- lacking skill or art
- uncultured; ignorant
- not artistic; clumsy; crude
- without artificiality; simple; natural
- without guile or deceit; ingenuous; innocent
- Having or displaying no guile or deceit; honest or sincere: an artless child. See Synonyms at naive.
- Free of artificiality; natural: artless charm.
- Lacking art, knowledge, or skill; uncultured and ignorant.
- Poorly made or done; crude.
(comparative more artless, superlative most artless)
art + -less, with "art" usually in the sense of trickery.