- A romantic relationship that involves more than two people is an example of complicated.
- A Rubik's Cube is an example of a complicated puzzle.
The definition of complicated is someone or something that is hard to understand or something that is hard to untangle.
made up of parts intricately involved; hard to untangle, solve, understand, analyze, etc.
- Containing intricately combined or involved parts. See Synonyms at complex.
- Not easy to understand or analyze because of being intricate: a complicated personality.
(comparative more complicated, superlative most complicated)
- simple past tense and past participle of complicate
- The process of fixing the car engine was complicated by the lack of tools.