The definition of compliant is obeying.
An example of compliant used as an adjective is a compliant student which means a student who follows all of the rules.
complying or tending to comply; yielding; submissive
Disposed or willing to comply; submissive.
(comparative more compliant, superlative most compliant)
- Willing to comply; yielding; bending; pliant; submissive; willing to do what someone wants.
- The suspect was compliant when arrested.
- Compatible with or following guidelines, specifications, rules, or laws.
- The browser is standards compliant.
- The workplace is compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
comply + -ant.