- The definition of simple-minded is someone who is unsophisticated, foolish or mentally impaired.
An example of someone who would be described as simple-minded is a person who cannot understand or grasp most concepts and who is lacking in insight.
- artless; unsophisticated; simple-hearted
- foolish; stupid
- mentally retarded
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Lacking in subtlety or sophistication; artless or naive: a simple-minded horror movie; simple-minded generalizations.
- Stupid or silly; foolish.
- Mentally impaired.
- simˌple-mindˈed·ly adverb
- simˌple-mindˈed·ness noun