- artless; unsophisticated; simple-hearted
- foolish; stupid
- mentally retarded
Connor's simple-minded perspective on politics caused Missy to question his intellect.
An example of someone who would be described as simple-minded is a person who cannot understand or grasp most concepts and who is lacking in insight.
- Lacking in subtlety or sophistication; artless or naive: a simple-minded horror movie; simple-minded generalizations.
- Stupid or silly; foolish.
- Offensive Intellectually disabled.
(comparative more simpleminded, superlative most simpleminded)
- But, being assured of his life, he surrendered, was brought to London, and was only executed two years later, when, being imprisoned near the earl of Warwick in the Tower, he inveigled that simple-minded youth into a project of escape.
- The pure morality and simple-minded piety of this community seem early to have attracted Spinoza, and to have won his unfeigned respect.
- The men of that period, coarse, violent and simple-minded, with few political ideas, loved brutal and noisy pleasures 1422).
- No site, no legend, is too impossible for the unquestioning faith of these simple-minded men and women.
- A simple-minded and uncritical writer who describes contemporary events.