- Present participle of estimate.
Estimating is defined as roughly calculating, or making an educated guess.
An example of estimating is figuring out the approximate sum of 243 and 821 by rounding to 200 and 800.
- The atomic weight of boron has been determined by estimating the water content of pure borax (J.
- Suggestion of Toscanelli, and under-estimating the diameter of the globe, by sailing due west.
- In estimating the work of one who stands at the head of the religious and legal institutions of Israel, it is necessary to refrain from interpreting the traditions from a modern legal standpoint or in the light of subsequent ideas and beliefs for which the sources themselves give no authority.
- In estimating Buchner's philosophy it must be remembered that he was primarily a physiologist, not a metaphysician.
- There are no data for estimating Measures.