- An example of reckoning is figuring out how many crops to grow based on last year's production.
- An example of reckoning is the belief by Christians in a final judgement day; a day of reckoning.
The definition of a reckoning is an opinion, or the act of forming a judgment, or the settlement of an account.
- the act of one who reckons; count or computation
- a measuring of possibilities for the future; calculated guess
- a bill; account
- the settlement of an account
- the settlement of rewards or penalties for any action: day of reckoning
- Naut., Rare dead reckoning
- The act of counting or computing.
- An itemized bill or statement of a sum due.
- A settlement of accounts: a day of reckoning.
- a. The act or process of calculating the position of a ship or an aircraft.b. The position so calculated.
- Present participle of reckon.
reckon +"Ž -ing. Compare Dutch rekening, German Rechnung.