- The definition of an invoice is a detailed list of products or services showing the money owed for each item.
An example of an invoice is a list of an artist's contributions to a magazine for the month.
- Invoice is defined as to make or send a list of goods or services for which money is owed.
An example of to invoice is to send a bill for written pieces submitted for the week.
invoice definition by Webster's New World
Origin: probably origin, originally plural of Middle English envoie, a message: see envoy
invoice definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A detailed list of goods shipped or services rendered, with an account of all costs; an itemized bill.
- The goods or services itemized in an invoice.
- To make an invoice of (goods or services).
- To send an invoice to; bill.
Origin: Alteration of obsolete invoyes, pl. of invoy, invoice, from French envoi, a sending, shipment, from envoyer, to send; see envoy1.
invoice - Business Definition
invoice - Investment & Finance Definition
A bill that is produced by a company or individual that shows how much money is owed to that company or individual. The invoice details the nature of the charge, including a listing of any items that might have been purchased or the type of services rendered.