- The definition of an invoice is a detailed list of products or services showing the money owed for each item.
An example of an invoice is a list of an artist's contributions to a magazine for the month.
- Invoice is defined as to make or send a list of goods or services for which money is owed.
An example of to invoice is to send a bill for written pieces submitted for the week.
- A detailed list of goods shipped or services rendered, with an account of all costs; an itemized bill.
- The goods or services itemized in an invoice.
transitive verbin·voiced, in·voic·ing, in·voic·es
- To make an invoice of (goods or services).
- To send an invoice to; bill.
Origin of invoiceAlteration of obsolete invoyes, pl. of invoy, invoice, from French envoi, a sending, shipment, from envoyer, to send; see envoy1.
- a bill; a commercial document issued by a seller to a buyer indicating the products, quantities and agreed prices for products or services that the seller has already provided the buyer with. An invoice indicates that, unless paid in advance, payment is due by the buyer to the seller, according to the agreed terms.
- The lot or set of goods as shipped or received.
- The merchant receives a large invoice of goods.
(third-person singular simple present invoices, present participle invoicing, simple past and past participle invoiced)
- to bill; to issue an invoice
invoice - Investment & Finance Definition
A bill that is produced by a company or individual that shows how much money is owed to that company or individual. The invoice details the nature of the charge, including a listing of any items that might have been purchased or the type of services rendered.