- The definition of a statement is something that is said or written, or a document showing the account balance.
- An example of statement is the thesis of a paper.
- An example of statement is a credit card bill.
statement definition by Webster's New World
- an act of stating
- the thing stated; account, declaration, assertion, etc.
- an abstract, usually itemized, of a financial account: a bank statement
- a listing of charges for goods or services; bill
statement definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act of stating or declaring.
- Something stated; a declaration.
- Law A formal pleading.
- An abstract of a commercial or financial account showing an amount due; a bill.
- A monthly report sent to a debtor or bank depositor.
- Computer Science An elementary instruction in a programming language.
- An overall impression or mood intended to be communicated, especially by means other than words: Glass, exposed beams, and antiques were combined to create a strong decorative statement.
statement - Business Definition
statement - Computer Definition
In a high-level programming language, a descriptive phrase that generates one or more machine language instructions in the computer. In a low-level assembly language, programmers write instructions rather than statements, since each source language instruction is translated into one machine language instruction.
statement - Investment & Finance Definition
statement - Legal Definition