- The definition of a statement is something that is said or written, or a document showing the account balance.
- An example of statement is the thesis of a paper.
- An example of statement is a credit card bill.
- an act of stating
- the thing stated; account, declaration, assertion, etc.
- an abstract, usually itemized, of a financial account: a bank statement
- a listing of charges for goods or services; bill
- a. The act of stating or declaring: The attorney's statement took an hour.b. Something stated; a declaration: The witness made many false statements.c. A formal oral or written declaration, especially with regard to facts or claims: In a statement, the firm denied any wrongdoing.
- An abstract of a commercial or financial account showing an amount due; a bill.
- A monthly report sent to a debtor or bank depositor.
- Computers An elementary instruction in a programming language.
- An overall impression or mood intended to be communicated, especially by means other than words: Glass, exposed beams, and antiques created a strong decorative statement.
(third-person singular simple present statements, present participle statementing, simple past and past participle statemented)
- To provide an official document of a proposition, especially in the UK a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
Back-formation from statementing. and statemented
statement - Computer Definition
In a high-level programming language, a descriptive phrase that generates one or more machine language instructions in the computer. In a low-level assembly language, programmers write instructions rather than statements, since each source language instruction is translated into one machine language instruction.