computation definition by Webster's New World
- the act of computing; calculation
- a method of computing
- a result obtained in computing; computed amount
Origin: Middle English computacioun ; from Classical Latin computatio
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- computational adjective
computation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act or process of computing.b. A method of computing.
- The result of computing.
- The act of operating a computer.
- comˌpu·taˈtion·al adjective
- comˌpu·taˈtion·al·ly adverb