- Reasoning is defined as logical or sensible thinking.
When you think through a problem to try to find a sensible solution, this is an example of reasoning.
reasoning definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the drawing of inferences or conclusions from known or assumed facts; use of reason
- the proofs or reasons resulting from this
reasoning definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Use of reason, especially to form conclusions, inferences, or judgments.
- Evidence or arguments used in thinking or argumentation.