- the drawing of inferences or conclusions from known or assumed facts; use of reason
- the proofs or reasons resulting from this
Reasoning is defined as logical or sensible thinking.
When you think through a problem to try to find a sensible solution, this is an example of reasoning.
- Use of reason, especially to form conclusions, inferences, or judgments.
- Evidence or arguments used in thinking or argumentation.
- Present participle of reason.
- He considered her reasoning and then sighed.
- There was no reasoning with him, so she accepted a ride with her best friend, Connie.
- Let me offer my reasoning on this.
- He wasn't demanding or pleading, he was reasoning with her.
- The estimate to be formed of this reasoning has been well stated by Dr A.