The definition of unassuming is someone or something who is modest and relaxed.
An example of something unassuming is a friendly small town.
Exhibiting no pretensions, boastfulness, or ostentation; modest.
(comparative more unassuming, superlative most unassuming)
un- +"Ž assuming
- 1845), of whom he always spoke with much affection, was a quiet, unassuming man, who retired from the army in early life with the rank of captain of cavalry (Rittmeister).
- His wide influence was due to his high character and unassuming earnestness.
- Peaceful and unassuming, he relied completely on Charles of Anjou, and showed little ability as pope.
- The old synagogue, an unassuming building erected in the r rth century and restored in the 13th, is completely modernized.
- His tone was unassuming, but his gaze was intent, as if he were trying to gauge if she recognized him or not.