Alan reserved the best table in the restaurant as a surprise to his wife for their twentieth wedding anniversary.
- When a seat is saved in the front row, this is an example of a reserved seat.
- A person who doesn't share his emotions is an example of someone who would be described as reserved.
- kept in reserve; set apart for some purpose, person, etc.
- self-restrained in speech and manner; reticent
- Designated as unavailable except for a certain purpose or user; kept in reserve: a row of reserved seats near the stage.
- Given to or marked by self-restraint and reticence: a reserved person.
- Simple past tense and past participle of reserve.
(comparative more reserved, superlative most reserved)