The definition of unassuming is someone or something who is modest and relaxed.
An example of something unassuming is a friendly small town.
Exhibiting no pretensions, boastfulness, or ostentation; modest.
(comparative more unassuming, superlative most unassuming)
un- +"Ž assuming
- His wide influence was due to his high character and unassuming earnestness.
- In an unassuming metal building, some of the best steaks around are prepared and grilled to perfection by veterans for veterans and their customers.
- 1845), of whom he always spoke with much affection, was a quiet, unassuming man, who retired from the army in early life with the rank of captain of cavalry (Rittmeister).
- The restaurant's strip mall location is unassuming, but the interior is neat and cozy, with friendly service.
- His tone was unassuming, but his gaze was intent, as if he were trying to gauge if she recognized him or not.