- The definition of assuming is the action of formulating or verbalizing an idea for which there is no evidence.
An example of assuming is to expect a raise when given a promotion.
- Assuming is defined as taking on responsibility or fulfilling the obligations of someone else's position by taking over his job.
- An example of assuming is when you do extra duties at work.
- An example of assuming is taking on the responsibilities of someone who was fired.
- Assuming means fulfilling the obligations of someone else's position by taking over his job.
An example of assuming is taking on the responsibilities of someone who was fired.
On the assumption that; supposing: Assuming the house is for sale, would you buy it?
- Present participle of assume.
- Assuming this is true, what was the price?
- She believes you to be interested only in assuming her position.
- He'd entered twice since assuming his duties.
- "I'm assuming you already ate," Hannah said, nose crinkling.
- I was joking about being afraid of assuming his debts.