- determined, ascertained, or proportioned by a standard
- regular, steady, or uniform
- steady, slow, and deliberate: to walk with a measured tread
- calculated, restrained, and deliberate; careful and guarded: said of speech, etc.
- Determined by measurement: The measured distance was less than a mile.
- Careful; restrained: spoke in measured words.
- Calculated; deliberate: with measured irony.
- Regular in rhythm and number: “A clock struck slowly in the house with a measured, solemn chime” ( Thomas Wolfe )
- Slow and stately.
- Written in meter.
- Music Mensural.
(comparative more measured, superlative most measured)
- Simple past tense and past participle of measure.