- having one's mind made up; decided; resolved
- resolute; unwavering
The definition of determined is someone with their mind made up about something.
An example of determined is a voter who goes into a voting booth knowing exactly who they'll be voting for.
- Marked by or showing determination; resolute: was engaged in a protracted struggle with a determined enemy.
- Decided or resolved: She is determined to be a doctor.
(comparative more determined, superlative most determined)
- simple past tense and past participle of determine
- Elihu Burritt was a poor boy who was determined to learn.
- He's determined to keep me.
- Rhyn waited for it, determined to put up the same fight he always did.
- It only made me more determined, though.
- Mom wondered why Dad was so determined to stay here, but I knew why.