- The definition of a determiner is a person that gives a final decision, or a word that modifies a noun or adjective.
- An example of a determiner is a Supreme Court Judge.
- An example of a determiner are words such as any, my or both.
determiner definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- anything that determines
- Gram. a word, such as a, the, this, each, some, either, or my, that determines the use of a noun without essentially modifying it and is placed before a descriptive adjective
determiner definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that determines.
- Grammar A word belonging to a group of noun modifiers, which includes articles, demonstratives, possessive adjectives, and words such as any, both, or whose, and, in English, occupying the first position in a noun phrase or following another determiner.