- Deliberation is defined as a period of slow and careful thought, consideration and actions.
- When a jury is asked to take a few days and carefully consider all of the evidence they have heard and the jury then goes away to the jury room and carefully thinks and considers the issues, this is an example of deliberation.
- When you very carefully put an expensive painting back down on the shelf of an art gallery, this is an example of a time when you act with deliberation.
- a deliberating, or considering carefully
- consideration and discussion of alternatives before reaching a decision: the deliberations of statesmen
- the quality of being deliberate; carefulness; slowness
Origin of deliberationMiddle English deliberacioun ; from Old French deliberation ; from Classical Latin deliberatio
- The act or process of deliberating.
- deliberations Discussion and consideration of all sides of an issue: the deliberations of a jury.
- Thoughtfulness in decision or action.
- Leisureliness in motion or manner: The girl stacked the blocks with deliberation.