- The definition of a consultation is a meeting with a professional or expert for purposes of gaining information, or the act or process of formally discussing and collaborating on something.
- When you schedule an appointment with a lawyer to get information on your legal rights, this is an example of a consultation.
- When you and your co-workers formally meet to discuss a problem, this is an example of a consultation.
A couple in consultation with their lawyer.
consultation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of consulting
- a meeting to discuss, decide, or plan something, as a meeting of several doctors to discuss the diagnosis and treatment of a case
Origin: Classical Latin consultatio
consultation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act or process of consulting.
- a. A conference at which advice is given or views are exchanged.b. A meeting between physicians to discuss the diagnosis or treatment of a case.
consultation - Medical Definition
A meeting of two or more health professionals to discuss the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of a particular case.