A couple in consultation with their lawyer.
- When you schedule an appointment with a lawyer to get information on your legal rights, this is an example of a consultation.
- When you and your co-workers formally meet to discuss a problem, this is an example of a consultation.
The definition of a consultation is a meeting with a professional or expert for purposes of gaining information, or the act or process of formally discussing and collaborating on something.
- the act of consulting
- a meeting to discuss, decide, or plan something, as a meeting of several doctors to discuss the diagnosis and treatment of a patient
Origin of consultationClassical Latin consultatio
- The act or process of consulting.
- a. A conference at which advice is given or views are exchanged.b. A meeting between physicians to discuss the diagnosis or treatment of a case.
From Middle French