- The definition of consultancy is the practice or profession of giving expert advice, especially within a particular field.
When an accountant offers expert accounting advice to different businesses, this is an example of a consultancy.
consultancy definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. consultancies
- the act or business of providing professional or technical advice
- Chiefly Brit. a consulting firm
- the position of a consultant
consultancy definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. con·sul·tan·cies
- The act or an instance of consulting.
- A business or agency offering expert or professional advice in a field: opened a financial consultancy.
- A position as a consultant: accepted a three-year consultancy abroad.