The definition of consultancy is the practice or profession of giving expert advice, especially within a particular field.noun
When an accountant offers expert accounting advice to different businesses, this is an example of a consultancy.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
noun pl. consultancies
- the act or business of providing professional or technical advice
- Chiefly Brit. a consulting firm
- the position of a consultant
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. con·sul·tan·cies
- The act or an instance of consulting.
- A business or agency offering expert or professional advice in a field: opened a financial consultancy.
- A position as a consultant: accepted a three-year consultancy abroad.