The definition of consultancy is the practice or profession of giving expert advice, especially within a particular field.
When an accountant offers expert accounting advice to different businesses, this is an example of a consultancy.
- the act or business of providing professional or technical advice
- Chiefly Brit. a consulting firm
- the position of a consultant
- The act or an instance of consulting.
- A business or agency offering expert or professional advice in a field: opened a financial consultancy.
- A position as a consultant: accepted a three-year consultancy abroad.