The definition of meditation is the state of sitting quietly clear of thoughts.noun
An example of meditation is someone sitting quietly and focusing only on their breath.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- act of meditating; deep, continued thought
- solemn reflection on sacred matters as a devotional act
- oral or written material, as a sermon, based on meditation
Origin: ME meditacioun < OFr & L: OFr meditation < L meditatio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. The act or process of meditating.b. A devotional exercise of or leading to contemplation.
- A contemplative discourse, usually on a religious or philosophical subject.
- medˌi·taˈtion·al adjective