- An example of an examination is when scientists and other experts examine a crash site and crash data to determine why and how the accident occurred.
- An example of an examination is when you take a science test to see how well you understand science.
- an examining or being examined; investigation; inspection; checkup; scrutiny; inquiry; testing
- a set of questions asked in testing or interrogating; test
Origin of examinationMiddle English examinacioun ; from Old French examination ; from Classical Latin examinatio: see examine
- The act of examining or the state of being examined: the examination of the evidence.
- A set of questions or exercises testing knowledge or skill.
- A formal interrogation: examination of the witness.
From Old French examinacion, from Latin examinatio
examination - Legal Definition