- a complete medical study of a patient, including a thorough examination, laboratory tests, a survey of the patient's case history, etc.
- Printing an unwanted mark on a printed page caused by the rising of spacing material
- An example of a work-up is a thorough physical.
- An example of a work-up is a smudge on a page of a magazine.
The definition of a work-up is a complete medical examination including a medical history, physical exam, lab tests, x-rays and analysis, or an unwanted mark on a printed page caused by improperly positioned spacing type or bars.
- The examination should include an echocardiogram taken by a cardiologist, a slit-lamp eye examination by an ophthalmologist, and a work-up of the child's spinal column by an orthopedic specialist.
- A thorough work-up by your health care provider can help you to determine whether a medical condition is at play.
- Medical history-A full medical history work-up will be done to diagnose or rule out any other disorders.