- The definition of a work-up is a complete medical examination including a medical history, physical exam, lab tests, x-rays and analysis, or an unwanted mark on a printed page caused by improperly positioned spacing type or bars.
- An example of a work-up is a thorough physical.
- An example of a work-up is a smudge on a page of a magazine.
- a complete medical study of a patient, including a thorough examination, laboratory tests, a survey of the patient's case history, etc.
- Printing an unwanted mark on a printed page caused by the rising of spacing material
NounSee also: work up