- Fitness is defined as being in good physical shape or being suitable for a specific task or purpose.
- An example of fitness is the status of your physical health.
- An example of fitness is someone who has the capability of solving a problem.
A couple improves their level of fitness with bike riding.
the condition of being fit; suitability, appropriateness, healthiness, etc.
- The state or condition of being fit; suitability or appropriateness.
- Good health, especially good physical condition resulting from exercise and proper nutrition.
- Biology The extent to which an organism is able to produce offspring in a particular environment.
(usually uncountable, plural fitnesses)