- Fitness is defined as being in good physical shape or being suitable for a specific task or purpose.
- An example of fitness is the status of your physical health.
- An example of fitness is someone who has the capability of solving a problem.
A couple improves their level of fitness with bike riding.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The state or condition of being fit; suitability or appropriateness.
- Good health or physical condition, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition.
- Biology The extent to which an organism is adapted to or able to produce offspring in a particular environment.
fitness - Medical Definition
- The state or condition of being physically sound and healthy, especially as the result of exercise and proper nutrition.
- A state of general mental and physical well-being.
- The state of being suitably adapted to an environment.