beautiful[byo̵̅o̅t′ə fəl; often byo̵̅o̅t′ē-]
A beautiful sunset.
- The definition of beautiful is having qualities that are pleasing to the senses.
A gorgeous young woman, a mother dog taking care of her young and a picturesque sunset are each an example of something that is beautiful.
- the quality of beauty
- those who are beautiful
- Having qualities that delight or appeal to the senses and often the mind.
- Excellent; wonderful: hit a beautiful shot from the tee.
(comparative more beautiful, superlative most beautiful)
- Attractive and possessing charm.
- Anyone who has ever met her thought she was absolutely beautiful.
- There's a beautiful lake by the town.
- (of the weather) Pleasant; clear.
- It's beautiful outside, let's go for a walk.
- Well executed.
- The skater performed a beautiful axel.
- (as a pro-sentence) How beautiful that is!
- Beautiful! What a catch! (referring to an athlete catching a ball)
- (as a pro-sentence; ironic) How unfortunate that is!
- Beautiful! I dropped the soup on the floor!