- The definition of a disability is something that restricts.
An example of a disability is blindness.
- a disabled condition
- that which disables, as an illness, injury, or physical handicap
- a legal disqualification or incapacity
- something that restricts; limitation; disadvantage
- a. The condition of being disabled; incapacity.b. The period of such a condition: never received a penny during her disability.
- A disadvantage or deficiency, especially a physical or mental impairment that interferes with or prevents normal achievement in a particular area.
- A program that provides financial support to people with such impairment: has been on disability for a month.
- Law Lack of legal capacity to perform some act, such as to enter into a contract, because of infancy or lack of soundness of mind.
(usually uncountable, plural disabilities)
- State of being disabled; deprivation or want of ability; absence of competent physical, intellectual, or moral power, means, fitness, and the like.
- Want of legal qualification to do a thing; legal incapacity or incompetency.
- (uncountable, informal) Regular payments received by a disabled person, usually from the state
- I had to go on disability after the accident.
- Did you get your disability this month?
- Disability and inability: Inability is an inherent want of power to perform the thing in question; disability arises from some deprivation or loss of the needed competency. One who becomes deranged is under a disability of holding his estate; and one who is made a judge, of deciding in his own case. A man may decline an office on account of his inability to discharge its duties; he may refuse to accept a trust or employment on account of some disability prevents him from entering into such engagements.
disability - Legal Definition
An injury or medical condition that interferes with an individual’s ability to perform one or more of the functions of daily life or of work; a legal status that prevents an individual from exercising one or more of a citizen’s rights.civil disability
The status of an individual who has had one or more legal rights (such as the right to vote or to drive) revoked as a result of the conviction of a crime.