- To disable is defined as to make something not work that was working before, or to injure someone in a way that makes them unable to do something.
- An example of disable is to stop a car from running by disconnecting the battery cables.
- An example of disable is for a horse to buck a rider causing the rider to lose the use of his legs.
- disablement noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
transitive verb dis·a·bled, dis·a·bling, dis·a·bles
- To deprive of capability or effectiveness, especially to impair the physical abilities of.
- Law To render legally disqualified.
- dis·aˈble·ment noun
- dis·aˈbling adjective
- dis·aˈbling·ly adverb
disable - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.