The definition of aptitude is a natural skill or talent.noun
An example of someone with aptitude is a highly skilled young gymnast.
Aptitude is defined as a high level of intellect or a quickness to learn.noun
An example of someone who possesses aptitude is a student who excels in math well beyond his grade level.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the quality of being apt or appropriate; fitness
- a natural tendency or inclination
- a natural ability or talent
- quickness to learn or understand
Origin: ME < LL aptitudo < L aptus: see apt
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- An inherent ability, as for learning; a talent: an aptitude for mathematics. See Synonyms at ability.
- Archaic The condition or quality of being suitable; appropriateness.
Origin: Middle English, tendency, from Late Latin aptitūdō, aptitude, from Latin aptus, apt; see apt.
- apˌti·tuˈdi·nal adjective
- apˌti·tuˈdi·nal·ly adverb