- Aptitude is defined as a high level of intellect or a quickness to learn.
An example of someone who possesses aptitude is a student who excels in math well beyond his grade level.
- The definition of aptitude is a natural skill or talent.
An example of someone with aptitude is a highly skilled young gymnast.
- Archaic the quality of being apt, or appropriate; fitness
- a natural tendency or inclination
- a natural ability or talent
- quickness to learn or understand
Origin of aptitudeMiddle English from Late Latin aptitudo from Classical Latin aptus: see apt
- An inherent ability, as for learning; a talent: an aptitude for mathematics.
- Archaic The condition or quality of being suitable; appropriateness.
Origin of aptitudeMiddle English tendency from Late Latin aptitūdō aptitude from Latin aptus apt ; see apt .