stupidity[sto̵̅o̅ pid′ə tē, styo̵̅o̅-]
- the quality or condition of being stupid
- pl. stupidities something stupid; foolish remark, irrational act, etc.
Origin of stupidityClassical Latin stupiditas
- The quality or condition of being stupid.
- A stupid act, remark, or idea.
(countable and uncountable, plural stupidities)
- (uncountable) The property of being stupid.
- I suppose you can put it down to gross stupidity, but that's not much of an excuse.
- (countable) An act that is stupid.
- Jimmy's stupidity cost him his car.
From Latin stupiditas.