(comparative stupider or more stupid, superlative stupidest or most stupid)
- Lacking in intelligence or exhibiting the quality of having been done by someone lacking in intelligence.
- Because it's a big stupid jellyfish!
- To the point of stupor.
- Neurobiology bores me stupid.
- (archaic) Characterized by or in a state of stupor; paralysed.
- (archaic) Lacking sensation; inanimate; destitute of consciousness; insensate.
- (slang) Amazing.
- That dunk was stupid! His head was above the rim!
- (slang) damn, annoying, darn
- I fell over the stupid wire.
(comparative more stupid, superlative most stupid)
- (slang, dated) Extremely.
- My gear is stupid fly.
From Middle French stupide, from Latin stupidus (“struck senseless, amazed"), from stupeÅ (“be amazed or confounded, be struck senseless"), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)tup- (“to wonder"), from Proto-Indo-European *(s)tu- (“to stand, stay"). Cognate with Old High German stubarÅn (“to be astonished, be stunned, be blocked"). Related also to Old English stoppian (“to block, stop"). See stop.