inanity[in an′i tē]
inanity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality or condition of being inane; specif.,
- lack of sense or meaning; silliness
- pl. inanities something inane; senseless or silly act, remark, etc.
Origin: French inanité ; from Classical Latin inanitas, emptiness
inanity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. in·an·i·ties
- The condition or quality of being inane.
- Something empty of meaning or sense.