- The definition of frivolity is acting in a way that is silly or wasteful.
An example of frivolity is a company’s use of money for a company party when their sales are down and they must lay off employees.
frivolity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the quality or condition of being frivolous
- pl. frivolities a frivolous act or thing
Origin: French frivolité
frivolity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. fri·vol·i·ties
- The quality or condition of being frivolous.
- A frivolous act or thing.