- An example of flair is someone skilled at fixing computers.
- An example of flair is Madonna.
Flair is defined as a natural talent, ability or sense of style.
- Obs. sense of smell; hence, keen, natural discernment
- a natural talent or ability; aptitude; knack
- a sense of what is stylish and striking
Origin of flairME, odor, fragrance ; from Old French ; from flairer, to emit an odor ; from Late Latin flagrare, for Classical Latin fragrare, to smell, reek ; from Indo-European an unverified form bhrag-, probably ; from base an unverified form bher-, to boil up from source barm, breath
- A natural talent or aptitude; a knack: a flair for interior decorating.
- Instinctive discernment; keenness: a flair for the exotica.
- Distinctive elegance or style: served us with flair.
Origin of flairMiddle English, fragrance, from Old French, from flairer, to scent, from Late Latin flagrare, alteration of Latin fragrare, to emit an odor.