- An example of flair is someone skilled at fixing computers.
- An example of flair is Madonna.
Flair is defined as a natural talent, ability or sense of style.
- Obs. sense of smell; hence, keen, natural discernment
- a natural talent or ability; aptitude; knack
- a sense of what is stylish and striking
Origin of flairME, odor, fragrance from Old French from flairer, to emit an odor from Late Latin flagrare, for Classical Latin fragrare, to smell, reek from Indo-European an unverified form bhrag-, probably from base an unverified form bher-, to boil up from source barm, breath
- A natural talent or aptitude; a knack: a flair for interior decorating.
- Instinctive discernment; keenness: a flair for the exotica.
- Distinctive elegance or style: served us with flair.
Origin of flairMiddle English fragrance from Old French from flairer to scent from Late Latin flāgrāre alteration of Latin frāgrāre to emit an odor