- The definition of congruity is that two or more things agree or are in harmony.
An example of congruity is when two ideas work well together.
- the condition or fact of being congruous or congruent; specif.,
- agreement; harmony
- fitness; appropriateness
- Geom. exact coincidence (of two or more figures)
- an instance of agreement
Origin of congruityMiddle English congruite ; from Old French ; from Medieval Latin congruitas
- The quality or fact of being congruous.
- The quality or fact of being congruent.
- A point of agreement.
From Old French congruité