- The definition of congruity is that two or more things agree or are in harmony.
An example of congruity is when two ideas work well together.
congruity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. congruities
- the condition or fact of being congruous or congruent; specif.,
- agreement; harmony
- fitness; appropriateness
- Geom. exact coincidence (of two or more figures)
- an instance of agreement
Origin: Middle English congruite ; from Old French ; from Midieval Latin congruitas
congruity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. con·gru·i·ties
- The quality or fact of being congruous.
- The quality or fact of being congruent.
- A point of agreement.