incongruity[in′kän gro̵̅o̅′i tē, -kən-]
- The definition of incongruity is when things don’t match as they are expected to.
An example of an incongruity is a wealthy woman who drives an old beaten up car.
- the condition, quality, or fact of being incongruous; specif.,
- lack of harmony or agreement
- lack of fitness or appropriateness
- pl. incongruities something incongruous
Origin of incongruityMedieval Latin incongruitas ; from Classical Latin incongruus
- Lack of congruence.
- The state or quality of being incongruous.
- Something incongruous.