Chewy chocolate is an example of consonance.
- An example of consonance is when you have two words that both have a "ch" sound that are right next to each other in a sentence.
- An example of consonance is when existing policies on tardiness are in agreement with the new policy on being late or absent.
The definition of consonance is a pleasing combination of sounds or two things that are in agreement.
- harmony or agreement of elements or parts; accord
- a pleasing combination of simultaneous musical sounds; harmony of tones
- Prosody repetition of a consonant sound in stressed syllables in the middle or at the end of words (Ex.: star/door, conceive/behoove)
Origin of consonanceMiddle English and amp; Old French ; from Classical Latin consonantia ; from consonans, present participle of consonare, to sound together with ; from com-, with + sonare ; from sonus, sound
- Agreement; harmony; accord.
- a. Close correspondence of sounds.b. The repetition of consonants or of a consonant pattern, especially at the ends of words, as in blank and think or strong and string.
- Music A simultaneous combination of sounds not requiring resolution to another combination of sounds for finality of effect and conventionally regarded as harmonious or pleasing.
From Old French, from Latin consonantia