When you dress differently and wear your hair differently than the popular styles because you want to reflect only your own taste, this is an example of nonconformity.
- failure or refusal to act in conformity with generally accepted beliefs and practices
- [N-] refusal to accept the doctrines or follow the practices of the Anglican Church
- lack of agreement or harmony
- a. Refusal or failure to conform to accepted standards, conventions, rules, or laws.b. An instance of this: a measure aimed at reducing nonconformities to the housing code.
- often Nonconformity Refusal to accept or conform to the doctrines, usage, or polity of the Church of England.
- Geology An unconformity in which the underlying strata are composed of igneous or metamorphic rock and the overlying strata are composed of sedimentary rock.
(countable and uncountable, plural nonconformities)
non- +"Ž conformity