- The definition of compliance means following a rule or order.
- An example of compliance is when someone is told to go outside and they listen to the order.
- An example of compliance is when a financial report is prepared that adheres to standard accounting principles.
compliance definition by Webster's New World
- a complying with or giving in to a request, wish, or demand; acquiescence
- a tendency to give in readily to others
compliance definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. The act of complying with a wish, request, or demand; acquiescence.b. Medicine Willingness to follow a prescribed course of treatment.
- A disposition or tendency to yield to the will of others.
- a. Extension or displacement of a loaded structure per unit load.b. Flexibility.
compliance - Computer Definition
Conforming to a specification, standard or law that has been clearly defined.
compliance - Investment & Finance Definition
The state of being in accordance with relevant federal or regional authorities and their regulatory requirements. In financial services, the most important compliance is adhering to the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Most large financial services companies have compliance departments that are charged with making sure that the company is following all the necessary rules and regulations.Webster's New World Finance and Investment Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Indianapolis, Indiana. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
compliance - Medical Definition
- A measure of the ease with which a structure or substance may be deformed, especially a measure of the ease with which a hollow organ may be distended.
- The degree of constancy and accuracy with which a patient follows a prescribed regimen, as distinguished from adherence or maintenance.
compliance - Phrases/Idioms
in compliance with