- The definition of compliance means following a rule or order.
- An example of compliance is when someone is told to go outside and they listen to the order.
- An example of compliance is when a financial report is prepared that adheres to standard accounting principles.
- a complying with or giving in to a request, wish, or demand; acquiescence
- a tendency to give in readily to others
in compliance with
- a. The act of complying with a wish, request, or demand; acquiescence.b. Medicine Willingness to follow a prescribed course of treatment.
- A disposition or tendency to yield to the will of others.
- a. Extension or displacement of a loaded structure per unit load.b. Flexibility.
(countable and uncountable, plural compliances)
- An act of complying.
- (uncountable) The state of being compliant.
- (uncountable) The tendency of conforming with or agreeing to the wishes of others.
- A measure of the extension or displacement of a loaded structure; its flexibility
- (medicine) The accuracy with which a patient follows an agreed treatment plan
- (uncountable, business) the department of a business that ensures all government regulations are complied with
compliance - Computer Definition
Conforming to a specification, standard or law that has been clearly defined.
compliance - Investment & Finance Definition
The state of being in accordance with relevant federal or regional authorities and their regulatory requirements. In financial services, the most important compliance is adhering to the rules of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Most large financial services companies have compliance departments that are charged with making sure that the company is following all the necessary rules and regulations.