conformation[kän′fôr mā′s̸hən, -fər-]
conformation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Rare a conforming or being conformed; adaptation
- a completed or symmetrical formation and arrangement of the parts of a thing
- the structure or form of a thing as determined by such arrangements; specif., the shape or outline, as of an animal
Origin: Classical Latin conformatio ; from past participle of conformare
conformation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act of conforming or the state of being conformed.
- The structure or outline of an item or entity, determined by the arrangement of its parts.
- A symmetrical arrangement of the parts of a thing.
- One of the spatial arrangements of atoms in a molecule that can come about through free rotation of the atoms about a single chemical bond.
- conˌfor·maˈtion·al adjective
- conˌfor·maˈtion·al·ly adverb
conformation - Medical Definition
One of the spatial arrangements of atoms in a molecule that can come about through free rotation of the atoms about a single chemical bond.