conformation[kän′fôr mā′s̸hən, -fər-]
- Rare a conforming or being conformed; adaptation
- a completed or symmetrical formation and arrangement of the parts of a thing
- the structure or form of a thing as determined by such arrangements; specif., the shape or outline, as of an animal
Origin: L conformatio < pp. of conformare
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The act of conforming or the state of being conformed.
- The structure or outline of an item or entity, determined by the arrangement of its parts.
- A symmetrical arrangement of the parts of a thing.
- One of the spatial arrangements of atoms in a molecule that can come about through free rotation of the atoms about a single chemical bond.
- conˌfor·maˈtion·al adjective
- conˌfor·maˈtion·al·ly adverb
conformation - Medical Definition