- Structure is a constructed building or a specific arrangement of things or people, especially things that have multiple parts.
- An example of structure is a newly built home.
- An example of structure is the arrangement of DNA elements.
- Structure means to purposefully arrange something in a specific way.
An example of structure is when you arrange furniture deliberately so that everyone sits facing each other.
- manner of building, constructing, or organizing
- something built or constructed, as a building or dam
- the arrangement or interrelation of all the parts of a whole; manner of organization or construction: the structure of the atom, the structure of society
- something composed of interrelated parts forming an organism or an organization
Origin: Middle English from Classical Latin structura from structus, past participle of struere, to heap together, arrange: see strew
- structureless adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Something made up of a number of parts that are held or put together in a particular way: hierarchical social structure.
- The way in which parts are arranged or put together to form a whole; makeup: triangular in structure.
- The interrelation or arrangement of parts in a complex entity: political structure; plot structure.
- Something constructed, such as a building.
- Biology a. The arrangement or formation of the tissues, organs, or other parts of an organism.b. An organ or other part of an organism.
Origin: Middle English, the process of building, from Latin strūctūra, from strūctus, past participle of struere, to construct; see ster-2 in Indo-European roots.
structure - Business Definition
structure - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
structure - Medical Definition
- The arrangement or formation of the tissues, organs, or other parts of an organism.
- A tissue, an organ, or other formation made up of different but related parts.