Obedience is the willingness to obey.
An example of obedience is a dog listening to his owner.
- the state, fact, or an instance of obeying, or a willingness to obey; submission
- Eccles. jurisdiction
Origin of obedienceOld French from Classical Latin obedientia from obediens: see obedient
- a. The quality or condition of being obedient.b. The act of obeying.
- a. A sphere of ecclesiastical authority.b. A group of people under such authority.
- The quality of being obedient.
- Obedience is essential in any army.