- the act of submitting, yielding, or surrendering
- the quality or condition of being submissive; resignation; obedience; meekness
- the act of submitting something to another for decision, consideration, etc.
- something thus submitted, as an article or photograph to a publisher
- Law an agreement whereby parties to a dispute submit the matter to arbitration and agree to be bound by the decision
Origin of submissionOld French from Classical Latin submissio from submissus, past participle of submittere: see submit