- the act of proposing
- a plan, action, etc. proposed
- an offer of marriage
He waited for the perfect moment to offer his proposal of marriage.
- An example of a proposal is a man asking a woman to marry him.
- An example of a proposal is a plan of action given to a prospective client.
The definition of a proposal is a marriage offer or a plan.
- The act of proposing.
- A plan that is proposed.
- An offer of marriage.
- That which is proposed, or propounded for consideration or acceptance; a scheme or design; terms or conditions proposed; offer; as, to make proposals for a treaty of peace; to offer proposals for erecting a building; to make proposals of marriage.
- (law) The offer by a party of what he has in view as to an intended business transaction, which, with acceptance, constitutes a contract.
propose +"Ž -al
- As she watched the sink fill, she considered his proposal - and that other thing.
- Accepting his proposal of marriage might be setting her up for a fall, but declining was surely something she would live to regret.
- Even if the proposal had been practicable with waves 1000 or 2000 ft.
- Everywhere the proposal met with uncompromising resistance.
- The proposal to read " Edomites " for " Syrians " in the list of bands which troubled Jehoiakim (2 Kings xxiv.