- The definition of withdrawal is the act of taking something out, or stopping participation in an activity.
- When you take $10 out of your bank account, this is an example of a withdrawal.
- When you stop taking cocaine and your body experiences changes as a result of the loss of the drug, this is an example of withdrawal.
- the act of withdrawing
- the act or process of giving up the use of a narcotic drug to which one has become addicted, typically accompanied by distressing physiological and mental effects ()
- coitus interruptus
- The act or process of withdrawing, as:a. A retreat or retirement: the dinner guests' withdrawal to the den.b. The removal of people from a place, as in the removal of troops from a military position.c. Detachment, as from social or emotional involvement.d. A removal of something that has been deposited, as in an account.
- a. Discontinuation of the use of an addictive substance.b. The physiological and mental readjustment that accompanies such discontinuation: is going through withdrawal.
- The act or an instance of retracting or revoking: feared the withdrawal of his parents' permission.
- Coitus interruptus.
- Receiving from someone's care what one has earlier entrusted to them. Usually refers to money.
- A method of birth control which consists of removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculation.
- A type of metabolic shock the body undergoes when a substance, usually a toxin such as heroin, to which a patient is addicted is withheld. Sometimes used with the substance as modifier
- heroin withdrawal
- nicotine withdrawal
- An act of withdrawing.
From withdraw +â€Ž -al.