- The definition of a fallback is a retreat of a military action, or a backup plan.
- If a government calls its army to retreat from attacking an enemy fort, this is an example of a fallback.
- If you want to go to Harvard but you also apply to Georgetown in case you do not get into Harvard, Georgetown is an example of a fallback.
- something in reserve that one can turn to for help
- a withdrawing; retreat
- a. Something to which one can resort or retreat: applied to another college as a fallback.b. A retreat: The colonel ordered a fallback to the woods.
- Something that falls back: the fallback of debris from the explosion.
- An act of falling back.
- A backup plan or contingency strategy; an alternative which can be used if something goes wrong with the main plan; a recourse.
- As a fallback, I suppose we can use typewriters if the word processing system fails.
- (construction) A reduction in bitumen softening point, sometimes called refluxing or overheating in a relatively closed container.
- That can be resorted to as a fallback.
- a fallback plan
From the verb fall back.