- An example of retirement is going into a back bedroom and taking a nap.
- An example of retirement is a 65 year old person deciding to permanently leave his job.
Retirement is defined as seclusion or privacy, or withdrawal from work due to age.
- a retiring or being retired; specif., withdrawal from work, business, etc. because of age
- privacy; seclusion
- a place of privacy or seclusion
of, having to do with, or for retirement or retired persons: a retirement community
- a. Withdrawal from one's occupation or position, especially upon reaching a certain age.b. The age at which one withdraws from work or activity: On reaching retirement, he took up woodworking.
- The act of retiring or the state of being retired: the retirement of debt.
- Privacy or seclusion: in the retirement of your own home.
- Archaic A place of privacy or seclusion; a retreat.
(countable and uncountable, plural retirements)
retirement - Legal Definition
The voluntary termination of employment upon reaching a certain age. See retire.